Re: VHS to PAL

Lisa Kwan (
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:34:01 -0800 (PST)

We here in Hong Kong adopts the PAL video format. But we also accepts NTSC
format as multi-system VCRs that can play PAL, NTSC, SECAM formats are very
popular here. I would suggest you ask the requester to check with people in
Thailand whether multi-system VCRs are available there. If so, it saves all
the work.

Lisa Kwan
Media Services Librarian
Pao Yue-kong Library
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

"Bergman, Barbara J" wrote:

> I just had a request that we duplicate an standard NTSC into PAL format.
> Oddly enough, I've never had this question before.
> I'm assuming we can hook up dubbing cables to a regular VCR and the
> international VCR, record on the int'l VCR, and the result will come out
> as a PAL formatted video. Correct?
> Are there any technical difficulties that I'm not considering?
> She's then plans to use the tape in Thailand.
> (It's a personal video, so no copyright issues here.)
> Barb Bergman
> Media Services Librarian
> Minnesota State University-Mankato
> (507) 389-5945

org:The Hong Kong Polytechnic University;Media Services Section, Pao Yue-kong Library
adr:;;Hung Hom;Kowloon;;;Hong Kong
title:Media Services Librarian
fn:Lisa Kwan