Re: VHS to PAL

Ben Achtenberg (Ben@fanlight.com)
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:48:15 -0800 (PST)

There are a lot of small operations that service ethnic communities whose
members want to send videos home to their friends and families. We used one
of these for many years that was quite inexpensive but did a perfectly good
job. Check the yellow pages under video duplication.

Ben

At 12:28 PM 2/11/03 -0800, you wrote:

>I just had a request that we duplicate an standard NTSC into PAL format.
>Oddly enough, I've never had this question before.
>I'm assuming we can hook up dubbing cables to a regular VCR and the
>international VCR, record on the int'l VCR, and the result will come out
>as a PAL formatted video. Correct?
>
>Are there any technical difficulties that I'm not considering?
>
>She's then plans to use the tape in Thailand.
>(It's a personal video, so no copyright issues here.)
>
>Barb Bergman
>Media Services Librarian
>Minnesota State University-Mankato
>(507) 389-5945

Ben Achtenberg / Fanlight Productions
4196 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02131
(617) 469-4999 Fax: (617) 469-3379
Email: Ben@Fanlight.com

VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.fanlight.com