RE: VHS to PAL

Vander Brook, Jane (VANV235@lni.wa.gov)
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:46:09 -0800 (PST)

Unfortunately, it's not that easy! Don't we all wish! (I worked with the
US forces in Germany for 15 years, and the different formats plus voltage
differences were a real pain!) However, I have recently found a website
that does that conversion: http://www.high-techproductions.com/conversi.htm

Jane Vander Brook
Librarian
Safety & Health Video Library
WISHA
Washington State Dept of Labor & Industries
PO Box 44607
Olympia, WA 98504-4607

www.wa.gov/wisha/videocat/index.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Bergman, Barbara J [mailto:barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 12:31 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: VHS to PAL

I just had a request that we duplicate an standard NTSC into PAL format.
Oddly enough, I've never had this question before.
I'm assuming we can hook up dubbing cables to a regular VCR and the
international VCR, record on the int'l VCR, and the result will come out
as a PAL formatted video. Correct?

Are there any technical difficulties that I'm not considering?

She's then plans to use the tape in Thailand.
(It's a personal video, so no copyright issues here.)

Barb Bergman
Media Services Librarian
Minnesota State University-Mankato
(507) 389-5945