Re: DVD Life Span

Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:13:18 -0800 (PST)

--=====================_29099218==_.ALT

The life span of a DVD can be as short as one playing, if someone is hell
bent on handling it with peanut butter on his or her fingers. Patron
contribution to diminished shelf-life is one thing I'm afraid we can't
control very well; storage, environmental control, equipment and software
maintenance are...

Some machines are simply better at forgiving software abuse than others...

gary

At 01:47 PM 2/7/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C2CEC8.629C80C0
>
>How about the life span of DVD's? We receive constant complaints from =
>our patrons that our DVD's skip or won't play. Sometimes when we test =
>them here at the library they play fine, other times DVD's that have =
>only checked out twice will not play. =20
>Advice?
>------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C2CEC8.629C80C0

>How about the life span of DVD's? We = receive=20 constant complaints
>from our patrons that our DVD's skip or won't = play. =20 Sometimes when
>we test them here at the library they play fine, other = times=20 DVD's
>that have only checked out twice will not play. =20
>Advice?
>
>------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C2CEC8.629C80C0--

UC Berkeley
--=====================_29099218==_.ALT

The life span of a DVD can be as short as one playing, if someone is hell bent on handling it with peanut butter on his or her fingers.  Patron contribution to diminished shelf-life is one thing I'm afraid we can't control very well; storage, environmental control, equipment and software maintenance are...

Some machines are simply better at forgiving software abuse than others...

gary

How about the life span of DVD's?  We receive constant complaints from =
our patrons that our DVD's skip or won't play.  Sometimes when we test =
them here at the library they play fine, other times DVD's that have =
only checked out twice will not play. =20
Advice?
------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C2CEC8.629C80C0

How about the life span of DVD's?  We = receive=20 constant complaints from our patrons that our DVD's skip or won't = play. =20 Sometimes when we test them here at the library they play fine, other = times=20 DVD's that have only checked out twice will not play. =20
Advice?