Re: Venting on public performance rights

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:39:55 -0800 (PST)

And further notes on using corporate type credit cards; here in California
what we officially have is a California State Use Tax (rather than a sales
tax) so the tax gets taken out of my budget, whether the vendor collects it
or not. If I buy online from vendors in New York, or Canada, or the UK for
that matter, tax gets taken out of my budget and returned to the state's
general fund.

As the rate varies from county to county in California, our accounting
office uses the local (and probably highest) rate of 8 1/2 percent. And
next year it's going higher. AAAGH!

Sorry, just venting ...

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center