(no subject)

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:09:16 -0800 (PST)

--=====================_23511493==.ALT

I would recommend keeping your materials in consistently similar packaging
so that it is more easily shelved. I have used tons of different cases from
Showcases.
http://www.showcases1.com
They have a case (product# MMBJC/V) that will hold either a CD or a VHS
tape (with a bookwell for teachers guides, literature, etc) making ordering
easy. Once your product has a consistent image/footprint, you can choose
styles of furniture that fit your product instead of forcing your product
to fit in the furniture. The wide spine on the case gives lots of room for
info so that patrons can see your labels and the uniformity of the
materials provide for a well organized look on the shelves if you plan it
right.

Just my two cents.

Mark
At 11:43 AM 2/5/03 -0800, you wrote:
>Keely,
>
>You might take a look at the Schlessman Family Library Branch in Denver.
>They've done some great merchandising displays and use some display units
>from ProLoc. http://www.proloc-online.com/proloc.html
>
>I was investigating these for a possible branch (that has since fizzled
>away) and they are very cool.
>kc
>
>Kim Crowley, Technology Coordinator
>City of Fort Collins Public Library
>201 Peterson Street phone: 970.221.6662
>Fort Collins, CO 80524 fax: 970.221.6398
>crowley@julip.fcgov.com
>
>On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Keely Morrison wrote:
>

> > Greetings,
> >
> > We are working on revitalizing our audiovisual areas ( muscial compact
> > discs, talking books on cd and cassette and videos and dvds)and are
> > looking for ideas for shelving/merchandising guidelines. If anyone has any
> > guidelines or arrangements that have worked well for them I would love to
> > hear about them. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Keely Morrison
> > Baltimore County Public Library

Mark W. Kopp