RE: Venting on public performance rights

Bergman, Barbara J (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:35:34 -0800 (PST)

No offense taken. We've all been there.

I could name several titles that I haven't purchased for my library
because of similar pricing games.

See about getting a corporate credit card for times like this when you
don't want to use a purchase order.

Barb Bergman
Media Services Librarian
Minnesota State University-Mankato
(507) 389-5945

-----Original Message-----
From: Katherine McGivern [mailto:kmcgivern@bergen.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 10:45 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Venting on public performance rights

I just tried to purchase an 8 part series on New York City from a public
television station. On the web page, it lists a price of $19.95 each.
Because I need to use a purchase order from an educational institution,
the price jumps to $75.00 per tape! YIKES!
Looks like it will be awhile before my budget can handle this purchase.

I just needed to vent about this. Thanks for listening.

Kate McGivern MLS
Sidney Silverman Library and Learning Resources Center
Bergen Community College
400 Paramus Road
Paramus NJ 07652
(201) 447-7980