Re: Venting on public performance rights

Susan Albrecht (albrechs@wabash.edu)
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:25:37 -0800 (PST)

Kate,
Do they accept credit cards at the website? If you're willing to order
online w/ a credit card, my guess is they'll not even ask or care whether
you're purchasing for an institution. I use a cc all the time. Some
faculty members here have even purchased items on their personal accounts
and had the business office reimburse them. They may lose out on
reimbursement for the tax paid, but at $20 vs. $70 per tape, it still may
be worth it!

Susan at Wabash

At 08:44 AM 2/5/03 -0800, you wrote:

>I just tried to purchase an 8 part series on New York City from a public
>television station. On the web page, it lists a price of $19.95 each.
>Because I need to use a purchase order from an educational institution,
>the price jumps to $75.00 per tape! YIKES!
>Looks like it will be awhile before my budget can handle this purchase.
>
>I just needed to vent about this. Thanks for listening.
>

>Kate McGivern MLS
>Sidney Silverman Library and Learning Resources Center
>Bergen Community College
>400 Paramus Road
>Paramus NJ 07652
>(201) 447-7980