=?us-ascii?Q?RE:_=22Sweet_Sweetback's_Badass_Song=22?=

(kevmsmit@sbcglobal.net)
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 19:23:17 -0800 (PST)

There are eight reviews at rottontomatoes.com.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/SweetSweetbacksBaadasssssSong-1020703/review
s.php

I hope that this helps.

Kevin Smith

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]
On Behalf Of john
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 8:23 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: "Sweet Sweetback's Badass Song"

Hello,
Our library has had the film "Sweet Sweetback's Badass Song" challenged by a

patron because he claims it contains scenes of 'child pornography'.
I've been able to find 4 reviews (Video Source Book gave it 3 of 4, All
Movie
Guide gave it 3 of 5, VideoHound gave it 3 of 5, Leonard Maltin gave it 3 of

4).
OCLC indicates that nearly 200 libraries in the US hold the title, mostly
academic libraries, and from my research I've discovered that this movie
started the 'blaxploitation' style films.
My questions;
Has anyone had 'experience' with this title?
Would you mind pointing me in the direction of more reviews?
If you have a copy, could I borrow it for screening purposes because the
local
authorities are holding my library's copy for the FBI to preview?
Never a dull moment.
Regards,
John Fossett
PS. Can anyone think of legal cases with similar issues?

John F. Fossett
Media Librarian
Kitsap Regional Library
(360)405-9101