Re: Patron privacy

Julie Dinkins (dinkins@SONOMA.EDU)
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:47:39 -0800 (PST)

I agree that you are not being rigid. You would be violating the
patron's privacy by revealing that he/she had the video checked out. We
have had instances of students wanting to know who had an overdue video
checked out, so they could accost the person in class. Right, like
we're going to tell them and maybe lend them a cattle prod at the same
time.

However, we phone, email and generally pester people with overdue items
in an attempt to get them returned. Which, come to think of it, is
probably more annoying than a gentle, electric jolt.

jd

Julie Dinkins
Multimedia Dept Manager
Sonoma State University Library