RE: media collection development reviews?

Herbert, Rue (rherbert@lib.usf.edu)
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:15:25 -0800 (PST)

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C89C.3EDED21E

There is also Educational Media Reviews Online, available at
http://libweb.lib.buffalo.edu/emro/search.html.

Rue M. Herbert
Media Resources
Tampa Library
University of South Florida

-----Original Message-----
From: Jennifer Stutesman [mailto:jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 3:02 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: media collection development reviews?

--Boundary_(ID_GKVh4Uuf+taAHGAtQdME5Q)

Hi,
I'm *very* new to Media/Video Collection Development, and wonder if
there is an industry standard publication that reviews videos for
librarians. I've kind of taken over the CD, ordering, cataloging, and
reserving of videos for faculty and students at my small community
college, and aside from Choice, LJ, and the SCADS of catalogs I'm
receiving, I was wondering if there's a publication that's a bit more
focused on *videos*...

Also, I'm curious as to what you all think is the difference between a
$30 video and a $90-$130 dollar one, if the subject matter seems to be
about the same - size of the production house/ vendor? Cost to
distribute? Built in PPR? Any light on the subject would be helpful.
Thanks,
Jen Stutesman

--Boundary_(ID_GKVh4Uuf+taAHGAtQdME5Q)

begin:vcard
n:Stutesman;Jen
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Walla Walla Community College
adr:;;;Walla Walla;WA;;
version:2.1
email;internet:jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu
title:Instructional and Technical Services Librarian
fn:Jen Stutesman
end:vcard