Re: media collection development reviews?

Susan Albrecht (albrechs@wabash.edu)
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:10:35 -0800 (PST)

--=====================_26005058==_.ALT

You'll hear this same comment from loads of us, I'm sure, Jennifer. Most
of us on Videolib really appreciate Randy Pitman's Video Librarian!!

Susan at Wabash College

At 12:02 PM 1/30/03 -0800, you wrote:

>--Boundary_(ID_GKVh4Uuf+taAHGAtQdME5Q)
>
>Hi,
>I'm *very* new to Media/Video Collection Development, and wonder if
>there is an industry standard publication that reviews videos for
>librarians. I've kind of taken over the CD, ordering, cataloging, and
>reserving of videos for faculty and students at my small community
>college, and aside from Choice, LJ, and the SCADS of catalogs I'm
>receiving, I was wondering if there's a publication that's a bit more
>focused on *videos*...
>
>Also, I'm curious as to what you all think is the difference between a
>$30 video and a $90-$130 dollar one, if the subject matter seems to be
>about the same - size of the production house/ vendor? Cost to
>distribute? Built in PPR? Any light on the subject would be helpful.
>Thanks,
>Jen Stutesman

Susan Albrecht
Acquisitions Coordinator