Re: adding porn to collection

M. Troy Davis (tdavis@aztec.lib.utk.edu)
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:12:32 -0800 (PST)

This is an interesting discussion and I appreciate the responses of those
who actually have dealt with this. I guess I agree with Gary and the
others, and I've always considered (and perhaps I am under the influence
post-structuralism or hyper-structuralism) pornography to be about
representation, not sex, thus fair game for academic study, particularly
cinema/visual/cultural studies. As a subject selector, I'm responsible for
developing collections that support instruction and research, porno or
not.

Troy Davis
University of Tennessee Libraries