Re: copyright question

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:22:36 -0800 (PST)

> From: Rick Faaberg <rfaaberg@attbi.com>
> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:56:54 -0800 (PST)
> To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: Re: copyright question
>
> On 1/23/03 11:48 AM "Jessica Rosner" <jrosner@kino.com> sent this out:
>
>> I think this is pretty
>> standard for so called "educational films"
>
> Yes it certainly is!
>
> At issue, though, is whether we actually need PPR, or rather, that Fair Use
> allow use of just about anything in the course of face-to-face instruction
> in a classroom setting, including videos marked "home use only".
>
> Regards,
>
> Rick Faaberg

Of course you don't need it for class Rick. I was just trying to explain
that companies like Kino, First Run, Milestone etc CAN sell our tapes with
PPR because WE DO own the rights. I think we have all established that
you can ALWAYS use a legal tape in a class setting

Jessica

--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International