Re: A DVD maintenence Question

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:58:18 -0800 (PST)

--=====================_1174195==.ALT

You can also use eyeglass clothes that require no liquid available from
Sam's Club...and in many different colors. They are non-scratch and
washable. They look like a wash cloth, and come in a three-pack that would
keep you working for quite some time with minimal cost and simple
maintenance. I use them on my glasses, CD's, mirrors, and Palm screens.

Mark
**************************************
At 12:32 PM 1/21/03 -0800, you wrote:
>I agree that many of the wipes for discs shed terribly. A good alternative
>is simple cheesecloth, although the best thing I have found is the
>"Micro-Fiber Optical Cloth" that came with our disc repair machine from
>Azuradisc. They are not disposable; however, they are reusable. I have been
>using just one for a period of months now. They are a bit more expensive,
>though-- a pack of 10 is about $20.
>
>http://www.azuradisc.com/dc_oc.html
>
>-Scott
>Scott Lehman
>Audio Visual Services
>Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
>
>At 12:03 PM 1/21/2003 -0800, you wrote:
> >Hello All
> >I am in need of some sort of disposible wipes(not premoistened) to
> >clean and polish my DVDs. Does any one have any favorites. I have been
> >using ones from AV Supply but they "shed".
> >Thanks
> >John
> >
> >John H. Streepy
> >Media Assistant III