Re: Emma Goldman and freedom of speech

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:54:46 -0800 (PST)

--=====================_24760216==.ALT

You and I have very opposite political views, and for the sake of the
integrity of the Video List Serve, I digress and will simply agree to disagree.

Of course, if you wish to contact me directly, to discuss our opposing
political views, I welcome your e-mail (iu8film@iu08.org)...but in support
of my own opinion that THIS VENUE is not the appropriate place for that
type of discussion, I will not address those issues here.

Mark
At 11:28 AM 1/14/03 -0800, you wrote:

> [...]
>

>In a message dated 1/14/03 2:10:05 PM, iu8film@iu08.org writes:
>

> > I do not wish to find your EDITORIAL commentary regarding our
> > Administration in THIS venue. There very well may be many subscribed to
> > this list serve who agree and/or disagree, but that is not what we do here.
> > I don't wish to assume to speak for the group, but I feel that I am making
> > a very valid point. There is a place for that stuff. If you want others to
> > view your Op Ed, find a newsgroup with an On-line posting!
> >
>Dear Mark,
>
>I'm sorry you feel this way, but I do feel that there is a threat to the
>first amendment concerning libraries, media centers and educators going on
>these days which absolutely makes it, to my eyes, part of the discussion in
>this group. The recent decision that federal agents can go into libraries and
>investigate what sites their users have been searching is -- right or wrong
>-- something that is vitally important to discuss in groups like this. If you
>want to bring it back to media, I'm sure Jessica will be glad to discuss with
>you what happened with The Tin Drum in Oklahoma under the previous
>administration.
>
>Dennis Doros
>Milestone Film & Video
>PO Box 128
>Harrington Park, NJ 07640
>Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
>Email: milefilms@aol.com
>www.milestonefilms.com
>
>--part1_103.2444bb70.2b55be81_boundary
>

>In a message dated 1/14/03 2:10:05 PM, iu8film@iu08.org writes:
>

>>I do not wish to find your EDITORIAL commentary regarding our
>>Administration in THIS venue. There very well may be many subscribed to
>>this list serve who agree and/or disagree, but that is not what we do here.
>>I don't wish to assume to speak for the group, but I feel that I am making
>>a very valid point. There is a place for that stuff. If you want others to
>>view your Op Ed, find a newsgroup with an On-line posting!
>
>Dear Mark,
>
>I'm sorry you feel this way, but I do feel that there is a threat to the
>first amendment concerning libraries, media centers and educators going on
>these days which absolutely makes it, to my eyes, part of the discussion
>in this group. The recent decision that federal agents can go into
>libraries and investigate what sites their users have been searching is --
>right or wrong -- something that is vitally important to discuss in groups
>like this. If you want to bring it back to media, I'm sure Jessica will be
>glad to discuss with you what happened with The Tin Drum in Oklahoma under
>the previous administration.
>
>Dennis Doros
>Milestone Film & Video
>PO Box 128
>Harrington Park, NJ 07640
>Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
>Email: milefilms@aol.com
>www.milestonefilms.com
>--part1_103.2444bb70.2b55be81_boundary--

Mark W. Kopp
Circulation Coordinator
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
580 Foot of Ten Road