Re: Emma Goldman and freedom of speech

MileFilms@aol.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:28:42 -0800 (PST)

--part1_103.2444bb70.2b55be81_boundary

In a message dated 1/14/03 2:10:05 PM, iu8film@iu08.org writes:

> I do not wish to find your EDITORIAL commentary regarding our
> Administration in THIS venue. There very well may be many subscribed to
> this list serve who agree and/or disagree, but that is not what we do here.
> I don't wish to assume to speak for the group, but I feel that I am making
> a very valid point. There is a place for that stuff. If you want others to
> view your Op Ed, find a newsgroup with an On-line posting!

Dear Mark,

I'm sorry you feel this way, but I do feel that there is a threat to the
first amendment concerning libraries, media centers and educators going on
these days which absolutely makes it, to my eyes, part of the discussion in
this group. The recent decision that federal agents can go into libraries and
investigate what sites their users have been searching is -- right or wrong
-- something that is vitally important to discuss in groups like this. If you
want to bring it back to media, I'm sure Jessica will be glad to discuss with
you what happened with The Tin Drum in Oklahoma under the previous
administration.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128