Re: Emma Goldman and freedom of speech

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:05:17 -0800 (PST)

--=====================_21751611==.ALT

Excuuuuuse meeeee!!!

If I am interested in reading an article in the NY Times about Emma
Goldman, I will do so, and thank you for the referral and the link to do so...

BUT....

I do not wish to find your EDITORIAL commentary regarding our
Administration in THIS venue. There very well may be many subscribed to
this list serve who agree and/or disagree, but that is not what we do here.
I don't wish to assume to speak for the group, but I feel that I am making
a very valid point. There is a place for that stuff. If you want others to
view your Op Ed, find a newsgroup with an On-line posting!

Signed, absolutely and as sincerely as text can present,

Mark
At 09:17 AM 1/14/03 -0800, you wrote:

>--part1_182.153a28e8.2b55a003_boundary
>
>Dear friends,
>
>At <A
>HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/14/education/14BERK.html">http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/14/education/14BERK.html</A>
>there's a front
>page article in the NY Times regarding the Emma Goldman papers and censorship
>in the University system. Get it today, because after that, of course, you
>have to register with the Times. Very disturbing article and it's well worth
>discussing because I really fear for the freedom of speech (and right to
>worship, and a number of other rights) with this administration.
>
>A side note -- I do LOVE the statements from Dr. Price -- it was worth the
>price of admission alone. I could quote this guy all day, especially after he
>refers to Emma's on ignorance. His is a brutal, brutal attack on the MLA.
>Pure violence...
>

>Dennis Doros
>Milestone Film & Video
>PO Box 128
>Harrington Park, NJ 07640
>Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
>Email: milefilms@aol.com
>www.milestonefilms.com
>
>--part1_182.153a28e8.2b55a003_boundary
>
>Dear friends,
>
>At
><http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/14/education/14BERK.html>http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/14/education/14BERK.html
>there's a front page article in the NY Times regarding the Emma Goldman
>papers and censorship in the University system. Get it today, because
>after that, of course, you have to register with the Times. Very
>disturbing article and it's well worth discussing because I really fear
>for the freedom of speech (and right to worship, and a number of other
>rights) with this administration.
>
>A side note -- I do LOVE the statements from Dr. Price -- it was worth the
>price of admission alone. I could quote this guy all day, especially after
>he refers to Emma's on ignorance. His is a brutal, brutal attack on the
>MLA. Pure violence...
>

>Dennis Doros
>Milestone Film & Video
>PO Box 128
>Harrington Park, NJ 07640
>Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
>Email: milefilms@aol.com
>www.milestonefilms.com
>--part1_182.153a28e8.2b55a003_boundary--

Mark W. Kopp
Circulation Coordinator
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
580 Foot of Ten Road
Duncansville, Pa 16635
(814) 695-1972 Phone
(814) 695-3018 Fax
E-Address:
mail to:iu8film@iu08.org
See us on the Web at:
<http://www.iu08.org>http://www.iu08.org

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/14/education/14BERK.html there's a front page article in the NY Times regarding the Emma Goldman papers and censorship in the University system. Get it today, because after that, of course, you have to register with the Times. Very disturbing article and it's well worth discussing because I really fear for the freedom of speech (and right to worship, and a number of other rights) with this administration.