Re: 4 film searches, with public performance

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:38:51 -0800 (PST)

> From: "Mark W. Kopp" <iu8film@iu08.org>
> Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:31:40 -0800 (PST)
> To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: RE: 4 film searches, with public performance
>
> --=====================_26983551==.ALT
>
> I am not sure what Movie Licensing USA(A division of Swank) actually does,
> but they aggressively utilized some real scare tactics on several of my
> School Districts. Several vendors told me that what they do is somewhat
> unethical, but not necessarily illegal.
>
> Any input from you copyright gurus?
>
> Mark
> ***************************************

just curious what scare tactics they would use. If they in anyway indicated
that PPR was necessary for any type of legitimate classroom use this would
indeed be VERY unethical.
Strikes me that school districts would have VERY little need for this
service unless they some kind of regular public film showings which seems
unlikely

Would love any specifics

--
Jessica Rosner