RE: 4 film searches, with public performance

Sebly, Donna (sebly@harf.lib.md.us)
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:58:16 -0800 (PST)

Dear Marilyn,
You probably already know this, but the two Public Performance
companies I know of are as follows:

Motion Picture Licensing Corporation (MPLC)
contact: Alex (800-462-8855, ext. 3015)

Movie Licensing USA
contact: Rose Henzel (888-267-2658)

Neither company has a good PPR selection for foreign films. I had
wanted to start a film discussion group in my library, but needed ppr for
several foreign films. I finally decided to borrow from our wonderful Enoch
Pratt Free Library media center, which owns the public performance rights to
all of its 16 mm films and many of its videos and dvds. I gave up on
finding a way to get a license for the videos I had hoped to show. Good
luck in your search.
(This is my very first time replying on this listserv, so I hope the
message gets through, etc.)

Donna Sebly
Harford County Public Library
sebly@harf.lib.md.us