RE: Film Sources? (8 of them!)

Hallman, Philip (phallman@umich.edu)
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:55:03 -0800 (PST)

Marilyn,

Canyon Cinema distributes works by Tony Conrad, Takahiko Iimura, Peggy
Ahwesh and J. Leighton Pierce. You may want to give them a call:

Canyon Cinema
145 Ninth Street, Suite 260
San Francisco, CA 94103

phone/fax: 415-626-2255
email: films@canyoncinema.com
web: www.canyoncinema.com

If they don't have it, you may want to contact J. Leighton Pierce
directly at: <j-pierce@uiowa.edu> and Peggy Ahwesh at <ahwesh@bard.edu>

The Museum of Modern Art Circulating Film Library distributes Yoko
Ono's work (although in packages--you cannot order a single film but
have to rent the package that the film is included within)

Philip Hallman
Film Librarian
Program in Film/Video Studies
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109

-----Original Message-----
From: Marilyn Huntley [mailto:mhuntley@hamilton.edu]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 2:13 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Film Sources? (8 of them!)

I've exhausted my resources and but still have a number of films I'm
searching for. I'm dividing them into 2 groups. In this first list, all
I'm
looking for is a source for the film (no need for public performance
licensing), preferably on 16mm or DVD, but VHS would suffice if that's
all
there is. We'll buy or rent:

"Has the Film Started?" (original title, Le Film est deja commence?) -
Maurice Lemaitre, 1951. I've found this on VHS at Facets, but wonder if
there's a 16mm or DVD anywhere.

"Straight and Narrow" - Tony Conrad, unknown year.

"Hotel Monterey" - Chantal Akerman, 1972. I've found this on VHS at
Facets
(not currently in stock), but is there a 16mm or DVD?

"Incense" - Takahiko Iimura, unknown year.

"Fly" - Yoko Ono, 1972.

"Lara Croft" and "Art of Loving" - Peggy Ahwesh, probably 1980's or
1990's.

"Evaporation" - Leighton Pierce, probably 1990's or later.

Marilyn Huntley

(Film Scheduling & Rentals)
Audiovisual Classrm Svcs, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd, Clinton NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687