Re: help with Rod Serling

Mike Boedicker (
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 07:46:19 -0800 (PST)

I'm the author of the "Rod Serling Resource Site" listed below. Of the 3
titles you list, only one is available -- sort of. The original version of
"A Town Has Turned to Dust" is not available, but the 1998 remake is (try

The Videography page of the site contains further info and links to
companies that sell vintage TV shows:

The teleplay of "The Strike" is printed in the book "Best Television Plays"
listed in the Bibliography:

The Rod Serling Memorial Foundation in Binghamton, NY, (
owns a collection of tapes and films not available commercially and might be
willling to loan or rent something.

If your library is interested in other Serling titles from the 50's live-TV
era, the good news is that some of his best ARE available for purchase,
namely: "Patterns," "Requiem for a Heavyweight," "The Comedian," and "The
Velvet Alley" (again from and probably Amazon).
Theatrical versions of "Patterns" and "Requiem" are also available, but the
original live TV versions are better (though the technical quality isn't so
good as they're kinescopes).

Mike Boedicker
Audiovisual Director & Webmaster
Danville Public Library
319 N. Vermilion, Danville, IL 61832
(217) 477-5223 ext. 123 / Fax: (217) 477-5230