Re: help with Rod Serling

Robert Mink (rmm430@hotmail.com)
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:59:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi Sarah,

I did a little search on your titles and found some interesting facts.
First, "The Strike" is not available on VHS. It was never recorded. The same
was found the other titles. There is a Rod Serling video bibliography page
at,
http://www.danville.lib.il.us/Pathfinder/rodvid.html and
http://www.danville.lib.il.us/Pathfinder/rodcol.html
will cover the areas you are seeking. You may want to check with University
broadcasting departments for other sources, as well.

Good-Luck,

Robert M. Mink
SJSU/SLIS

From: Sarah Andrews <sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Rod Serling help
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:32:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I need some help finding some of 1950's Rod Serling television
shows. Ideally, our library would like to purchase videotapes, but if a
rental can be obtained, I would be interested in information about that
also. I really don't have any experience in tracking down older television
shows, so if you have any tips or suggestions, I'm open to those too.

These are the ones I'm currently looking for:
the United States Steel Hour "Noon on Tuesday" from April 25, 1956

"The Strike" June 7 1954 CBS Studio One

"The Rank and File" CBS Playhouse 90 May 28 1959

"A Town has Turned to Dust" Playhouse 90, 1958

Thanks in advance,
Sarah Andrews
University of Iowa Libraries
Monographic Acquisitions