RE: Urban legend--need help disproving

Thiessen, Allison (AThiessen@richland.lib.sc.us)
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:24:27 -0800 (PST)

Your colleague is probably thinking of John Travolta's sister Ellen Travolta
who has made numerous apperances on television shows over the years (see
IMDB.com). She looks a bit like Lily Tomlin. Look for images of her using
the image search on Google and show them to your colleague.

Allison Thiessen
Film and Sound Librarian
Richland County Public Library
2001 Library of the Year
1401 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
athiesse@richland.lib.sc.us

From: Karen_Fischer@freenet.richland.oh.us
[mailto:Karen_Fischer@freenet.richland.oh.us]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 3:13 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Urban legend--need help disproving

Hi,
I have a colleague who is insisting that Lily Tomlin is John Travolta's
sister. She posted this as fact on an internal email. She claims she saw
Lily Tomlin on a talk show where she talked about life as John's big sister
and growing up together and how proud the family was of John. She won't
believe me because she "saw" this interview.
My info tells me Lily was born in Detroit as Mary Jean Tomlin. I cannot
find her parents' names listed anywhere.
The six Travolta children were all born in New Jersey to Salvatore and
Helen Travolta--Ellen, Ann, Margaret, Joey, Sam and John.
Can anyone point me to further info?
Thanks,
Karen Fischer
AV Librarian
Mansfield/Richland County Public Library
Mansfield, OH