Re: THE WAR GAME

Amy Severson (ajs@sfu.ca)
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:11:26 -0800 (PST)

His website is: http://www.peterwatkins.lt/varyk.htm, and it has
distribution information, but I don't know how up to date it is.

The War game has an interesting history. He did it for/with the BBC, who
then refused to air it because it is a disturbing film on the fallout from
nuclear war. It then won an Oscar (best documentary), which the BBC picked
up, being the copyright holders. It's been released and exhibited since
then, but it was an inauspicious beginning.

At 09:51 AM 1/7/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if the film THE WAR GAME by Peter Watkins is still in
>distribution? I know years ago Kit Parker distributed it but since they
>have gone out of business whatever happened to this film??? I would be
>grateful for any information.
>
>Rhonda Pancoe
>Media Acquisitions Coordinator
>Media & Instructional Technology
>SB-8 McGregory Hall
>Colgate University
>Hamilton, NY 13346
>Phone: 315-228-7858
>Fax: 315-228-7725
>Email: RPancoe@Mail.Colgate.Edu

Amy Severson
Learning and Instructional Development Centre
7560 Education Building
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6 Canada
phone: (604) 291-4300 fax: (604) 291-4900
ajs@sfu.ca http://www.sfu.ca/lidc/mr/