Re: Dark Journey

MileFilms@aol.com
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 13:53:56 -0800 (PST)

--part1_174.1482ab7c.2b460ea8_boundary

In a message dated 1/2/03 2:24:17 PM, eld2n@virginia.edu writes:

> I'm looking for La croisi=E8re noire; Exp=E9dition Citro=EBn Center-Afriqu=
e=A0film
> footage.=A0=20
> This is a trek made by the Citro=EBn car company across Africa in the 1920=
's.
> My faculty member is convinced there was documentary footage though I only
> see books in World Cat.
>=20
Dear Erika,

There is definitely a film of The Black Cruise expedition, a quite popular=20
one at the time. There was also one made of The Yellow Cruise (across Asia)=20
and one shot of The White Cruise (Canada) that was never completed but used=20
in "The Champagne Safari" documentary made a few years back. Unfortunately,=20
they have never been released on video as far as I know. You might want to=20
try the French outlets like www.FNAC.com

As a side note, the Citro=EBns were painted the color of their particular=20
journey.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Email: milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_174.1482ab7c.2b460ea8_boundary

I'm looking for La croisi=E8re noire; Exp=E9dition Citro=EBn=20= Center-Afrique=A0film
footage.=A0
This is a trek made by the Citro=EBn car company across Africa in the 1920's= .
My faculty member is convinced there was documentary footage though I only see books in World Cat.

Dear Erika,

There is definitely a film of The Bla= ck Cruise expedition, a quite popular one at the time. There was also one ma= de of The Yellow Cruise (across Asia) and one shot of The White Cruise (Cana= da) that was never completed but used in "The Champagne Safari" documentary=20= made a few years back. Unfortunately, they have never been released on video= as far as I know. You might want to try the French outlets like www.FNAC.co= m

As a side note, the
Citro=EBns were painted the color of their particul= ar journey.