Re: DVDs fragility

Kate Vaux (kmvaux@unimelb.edu.au)
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 14:40:40 -0800 (PST)

We have a growing collection of just over 550 DVDs and the annual
circulation for 2002 was 7318 issues for this small collection. We have
only had two DVD which have been removed because they were scratched (both
"Buffy the Vampire" DVDs) - but we have had to remove around 10 due to
cracked hubs (most likely a result of a combination of poorly designed
cases [why can't they be like CD cases???] and the use of force by our
patrons).

Kate Vaux
Media Information Librarian
Media Collections

Room 420
Level 4, Education Resource Centre (ERC) Library
The Information Division
The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010
Australia

email : kmvaux@unimelb.edu.au
Telephone : +61 3 8344 8650 or +61 3 8344 8316
Facsimile : +61 3 9347 0974