Re: DVD's and CD's

Anne Bulin (anne@barringtonlibrary.org)
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:02:27 -0800 (PST)

We have approximately 300 DVDs in our collection that was started in 1999.
Many have circulated well over 60 times and are still functional. We've
only cleaned/buffed about 20-25 (usually the cause is the same as Ms.
Andrews mentioned - the center hub of the box breaks and the DVD rattles
around inside getting scratched). Only about half of these were so damaged
that they had to be discarded. We probably have lost more to theft than damage.

Anne
Anne Bulin, Technology and A/V Coordinator
Barrington Public Library
http://www.barringtonlibrary.org