DVD's and CD's

Sarah Andrews (sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu)
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:43:34 -0800 (PST)

Our library aggressively collects DVDs as the preferred format. Our
biggest problem with scratching seems to happen when the original packaging
breaks, and the dvd is somewhat loose in the package--scapes occur as it
runs across the "teeth" that should be holding it in place. We have not
noticed a trend where multiple circulations result in the need for buffing
as yet, but many of our patrons are aware that DVDs are relatively fragile.

Sarah Andrews
Monographic Acquisitions
University of Iowa Libraries