Re: Pro-life video

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:27:00 -0800 (PST)

--=====================_11355790==.ALT

I must have missed that thread about Abortion videos.

You could try:

Films for the Humanities

"A Consistent Ethic of Life: Is Consensus Possible?" (Series)
The Series Includes:
<item.htm>In Search of Common Ground: Remaking Public Policy on Human Life
Issues
<item.htm>A Matter of Life and Death: The Politics of Abortion and Capital
Punishment

http://www.films.com/Films_Home/item.cfm?s=1&bin=11815

Films, has numerous titles , this one being somewhat middle of the road. I
didn't see the original message, but there are many titles available from
many sources, depending on what info you wish to supply.
At 08:01 AM 12/13/02 -0800, you wrote:
>A few weeks ago I recall somebody on the list asking for an anti-abortion
>video, and nobody on the list (me included) could come up with a title.
>That bothered me as a video librarian; I went on Google, searched under
>"pro-life videos" and came up with one that is factual, non-hysterical, and
>available at amazon.com
>
>"The Heart of the Matter", hosted by Lisa Whelchel. It is designed for
>showing to women visiting crisis pregnancy centers (non-abortion
>facilities). As it says on the box, "It presents a dramatic view of the
>preborn development of the child, explains abortion procedures, and
>addresses post-abortion trauma. The video also portrays hope through the
>personal stories of three young women."
>
>Presenters include Dr. Mildred Jefferson of Boston University Medical
>Center, former abortion client and provided Carol Everett, and
>developmental psychologist Wanda Franz. The "personal stories" are of a
>single parent, a woman who had two abortions, and a woman who gave her
>child up for adoption.
>
>I watched it beginning to end, to be sure there was no screaming or bloody
>pictures (there aren't). It closes with Whelchel telling the viewer, 'take
>your time, don't be pressured, the choice is yours.'
>
>It's $29.99 from amazon; ISBN is 0-934837-58-9
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Brigid Duffy
>Audio Visual/ITV Center
>San Francisco State University