RE: all region DVD players

naomit@univ.haifa.ac.il
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 22:12:38 -0800 (PST)

Yes there is.
We bought for our library multi system DVD, we can use pal, ntsc and all
regions

Naomi Tirosh
Media Librarian
Haifa Universaity Library

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Evans [mailto:kathy@purdue.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 7:08 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: all region DVD players

Are DVD's PAL format?
Kathy Evans

"Schmitt, Mike" wrote:

> We purchased a Sampo DVE-612 DVD player. This will play discs from
multiple regions and can play NTSC and PAL format discs. This DVD player
can automatically convert either format to your TV--typically NTSC in North
America.

> So far so good with this unit. I can't say that I have huge faith in
Sampo but so many DVD players are cheap in construction and design. This
one works as well as others and is able to play multiple regions and formats
on NTSC and PAL monitors. It also contains many of the standard features.

> We purchased it for $177 delivered from www.noexpress.com This is New
Orleans Express. Overall it seems like a fairly decent unit with no
problems for us or faculty that have them at home.