Re: Digital Conversion

Jane Sloan (jsloan@rci.rutgers.edu)
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:30:01 -0800 (PST)

--------------2DDB078A794800886A183111

We have a matrox rt2500 capture card w/premiere. It has an internal Real video encoder
option that works surprisingly fast, no need for any other processing, once the bit is
captured in real time. Most all our files are passworded for reserves, but one of our dance
instructors produced a dvd that we captured through a player -- then put up several files,
quicktime and real --
http://rutgersscholar.rutgers.edu/volume04/rittbyrn/rittbyrn.htm
the quality comparison is interesing, since the largest file does not look the best --
Jane

"Mark W. Kopp" wrote:

> --=====================_28386285==.ALT
>
> OK Video Guru's, I have some questions.
>
> Of those who are doing some Analog to Digital Conversion (VHS to MPEG),
> what equipment and software are you using? How long is it taking? What kind
> of quality are you getting?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

> Mark W. Kopp
> Circulation Coordinator
> Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
> Instructional Materials Services Department
> 580 Foot of Ten Road
> Duncansville, Pa 16635
> (814) 695-1972 Phone
> (814) 695-3018 Fax
> E-Address:
> mail to:iu8film@iu08.org
> See us on the Web at:
> <http://www.iu08.org>http://www.iu08.org
> Click on; "Instructional Materials Services"
>
> --=====================_28386285==.ALT

> OK Video Guru's, I have some questions.<br><br>
> Of those who are doing some Analog to Digital Conversion (VHS to MPEG),
> what equipment and software are you using? How long is it taking? What
> kind of quality are you getting?<br><br>
> Thanks,<br><br>
> Mark<br>
> <x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
> <b>****************************************************************************
> Mark W. Kopp <br>
> Circulation Coordinator <br>
> Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8 <br>
> Instructional Materials Services Department <br>
> 580 Foot of Ten Road <br>
> Duncansville, Pa&nbsp; 16635 <br>
> (814) 695-1972 Phone <br>
> (814) 695-3018 Fax <br>
> E-Address: <br>
>
> --=====================_28386285==.ALT--

--------------2DDB078A794800886A183111

begin:vcard
n:Sloan;Jane Sloan
tel;work:732-932-7129 x130
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Rutgers University Libraries, New Brunswick
version:2.1
email;internet:jsloan@rci.rutgers.edu
title:Media Librarian
x-mozilla-cpt:;2560