RE: TV in the Library

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:36:49 -0800 (PST)

I'm not sure what this question means. Does having one type of information
decrease the importance/relevance/accessability of another? Does having
books "water down" a video collection - or vice versa? Does having media
about chemistry "water down" media about physics?

This is the unresolvable conflict between guiding patrons to "the good
stuff" and providing what they want, isn't it?

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132-4200