Re: "A Gift of Love" (was: Sybil)

Anne Bulin (anne@barringtonlibrary.org)
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 06:22:55 -0800 (PST)

At 08:55 PM 12/2/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>But nowadays, I doubt that any of these tv films would be made
>commercially available. It seems that the market has changed. I notice
>that a few splashier efforts like the recent Judy Garland film bio ME AND
>MY SHADOWS saw the light of day. And of course, a good deal of the
>Hallmark Hall of Fame series eventually was released. But whereas before
>things seemed hit or miss, nowadays, TV product is pretty much
>miss. Which is kind of a shame, seeing as even the worst theatrical
>movies (even the biggest commercial and critical duds) see VHS release (is
>that pattern changing with DVD, I wonder?).

It's funny that the opposite seems to be happening for non-network TV
stuff. Videos and DVDs of things like Merlin and Lathe of Heaven (from TNT)
are being sold practically before the film has even stopped airing. Lathe
of Heaven was some serious drek, in my opinion.

Anne

Anne Bulin, Technology and A/V Coordinator
Barrington Public Library
http://www.barringtonlibrary.org
anne@barringtonlibrary.org
401-247-1920 x316