Re: PPR for major studio distribution

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:56:17 -0800 (PST)

> From: "Kimberly Stanton" <KStanton@library.unt.edu>
> Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:52:17 -0800 (PST)
> To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: PPR for major studio distribution
>

> Hi
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew any video distributers that sell public
> performance rights for major studios realeases.
> (studios such as Buena Vista, Sony Pictures Classics, Universal, etc. )
>
> I have already looked at SWANK, the New Yorker, and Kino.
> Most of the films I am searching for are foreign, but have been realeased by
> major studios.
>
> Any information would he very helpful.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kim

Kim
I am somewhat confused by the question. Studios will never SELL rights ( in
the sense that you could buy the title WITH ppr rights) but all of them
do allow companies like Swank , Criterion and New Yorker to act as their
agent and sell rights for specific screenings or time periods. Virtually
all foreign films released by major studios are available through one of
those three companies. What titles were you looking for?
--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International