RE: an offbeat question.

Tue, 26 Nov 2002 06:15:03 -0800 (PST)

John,

Here at IU-Bloomington, we are called Media Services. Media Services is
part of the Kent Cooper Room Services which also includes Reserves and
all current periodicals and newspapers.

We also have a Media Resources department which is under the auspices of
Instructional Support Services. They provide classroom equipment and
rent out 16mm film prints and videos among other services. It can be a
little confusing for patrons, but we've not encounter any major concerns
in distinguishing the services between the two.

Monique Threatt
IU-Bloomington

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Glenn [mailto:jglenn@ucrac1.ucr.edu]
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 5:32 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: an offbeat question.

John,

Here at the University of California, Riverside we're called the Media
Library. People confuse us with Media Resources/Media Services too. I
don't
know if there is any way around that. I think it has to do more with the

people (faculty) on campus, who never seem to learn no matter how much
you
explain things to them, than the name.

Jim Glenn
Manager, Media Library