RE: an offbeat question.

Threatt, Monique L (
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 06:15:03 -0800 (PST)


Here at IU-Bloomington, we are called Media Services. Media Services is
part of the Kent Cooper Room Services which also includes Reserves and
all current periodicals and newspapers.

We also have a Media Resources department which is under the auspices of
Instructional Support Services. They provide classroom equipment and
rent out 16mm film prints and videos among other services. It can be a
little confusing for patrons, but we've not encounter any major concerns
in distinguishing the services between the two.

Monique Threatt

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Glenn []
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 5:32 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: an offbeat question.


Here at the University of California, Riverside we're called the Media
Library. People confuse us with Media Resources/Media Services too. I
know if there is any way around that. I think it has to do more with the

people (faculty) on campus, who never seem to learn no matter how much
explain things to them, than the name.

Jim Glenn
Manager, Media Library
University of California, Riverside

At 02:17 PM 11/25/02 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>I have what might seem like an odd question. What do you call the unit

>your library that handles films/videos/dvds etc? Here at CWU we are
>as Media Circulation, which is a straight forward name, but we are
>confused with media center or me
>dia services. Those units handled the production of media of various
>kinds, whereas we only circulate. To ease confusion on campus, I was
>thinking of changing our name. All the names I can thing of just don't

>sound right, so I thought if I heard some o
>ther names, maybe I could come up with something. Please reply to me
>directly rather than deluge the list with names.
>John H. Streepy
>Media Assistant III
>Library-Media Circulation
>Central Washington University Library
>400 E. 8th AVE
>Ellensburg, WA 98926-7548
>(509) 963-2861