Re: an offbeat question.

Beth Traylor (
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 06:06:01 -0800 (PST)


Our department name is "Multimedia Library." We had the same name
confusion and this has been working out great.

Multimedia Library

>>> John.Streepy@cwu.EDU 11/25/02 04:17PM >>>
Hello all,
I have what might seem like an odd question. What do you call the unit
of your library that handles films/videos/dvds etc? Here at CWU we are
known as Media Circulation, which is a straight forward name, but we are
often confused with media center or media services. Those units handled
the production of media of various kinds, whereas we only circulate. To
ease confusion on campus, I was thinking of changing our name. All the
names I can thing of just don't sound right, so I thought if I heard
some other names, maybe I could come up with something. Please reply to
me directly rather than deluge the list with names.

John H. Streepy
Media Assistant III
Library-Media Circulation
Central Washington University Library
400 E. 8th AVE
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7548

(509) 963-2861