Re: Movies on video about newspaper writing

Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:19:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi Rick...this issue has been addressed at length in several recent
videolib threads.

he secret to not having HTML codes on the listserv is to send messages
to the listserv in Plain Text.

To save people 'some digging': In Outlook at any time before clicking
Send, just click on Format and then click Plain Text.

Of course the hard part with above approach is that every sender with
Outlook set to normally send HTML format, has to remember for every
Videolib message they send, to set format to Plain text.

With a few more clicks this can be solved. Outlook can be set to send
all messages to Videolib in plain text. Here's how (from Outlook 2002):

- add Videolib to your contact list by right clicking on 'videolib' in
the
from box of a past message and clicking on "add to contacts"

- That automatically opens "create contact screen" with videolib's
e-mail filled in

- Right click on the videolib e-mail address (i.e. to the right of the
E-mail label)

- click on Properties

- Click the down arrow to the right of 'Internet Format" label and
choose "Send Plain Text Only"

- Then click usual OK's and "Save & Exit"

Hopefully though some future version of the Listserv software will be
smart enough to only forward on the plain text version of all messages.

At 07:46 AM 11/21/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>These HTML emails are a mess. Can folks stop sending HTML emails to this
>list?
>
>TIA
>
>Rick
>
>(identity removed to protect the sender)

> > ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C29143.0382B810
> >
> > Greetings,
> > This keeps intriguing me. It may be a bit of a stretch, but I'd add THE =
> > KILLING FIELDS to the list. It is, after all, the story of a =
> > newspaperman/columnist covering the conflict in Vietnam/Cambodia.
> > Sherry
> > ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C29143.0382B810
> >
> > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
> > <HTML><HEAD>
> > <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
> > charset=3Diso-8859-1">
> > <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4916.2300" name=3DGENERATOR>
> > <STYLE></STYLE>
> > </HEAD>
> > <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
> > <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greetings,</FONT></DIV>

UC Berkeley