RE: Public performace rights

Teresa Kong (teresak@hkbu.edu.hk)
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:25:04 -0800 (PST)

You need to ask the public performance rights from the distributors of
the films. Names of distributors can be found from the official web site
of TV & Entertainment Licensing Authority.

Teresa Kong
Assistant Librarian
Multimedia Learning Centre
Hong Kong Baptist University Library
34 Renfrew Road
Kowloon
Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3411 5397
Email: teresak@hkbu.edu.hk

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Lloyd Chittenden
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 6:02 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Public performace rights

Hello,
I'm new to this list, so I'm sorry if this has been asked
previously.
I work for a California Community College. We have a faculty member who

wants to have sort of a movie night for the students. It would not be
for any particular class. She wants to show some videos that she owns
and some from the library collection. We aren't sure if we need public
performace rights or not.
Also, if we do need to get public performance rights, how do we
go
about getting them? How do we find out who has the rights to sell us?

Videos are:

Raise the Red Lantern (subtitled)

Gung Ho

The Story of Qui Ju