Re: copyright question

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:15:57 -0800 (PST)

The general sense of the face-to-face exemption seems to be that it applies
to regularly scheduled academic courses rather than either a)
extracurricular events or one or non-curricular training/education events
such as the one discussed below (staff development wouldn't ever hold
water, I'm pretty sure). That's the hard line...If it were me, I'd
probably take the risk and damn the infringement possibilities and forge
full speed ahead.

At 01:16 PM 11/15/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>--=====================_27606981==.ALT
>
>Why, then, would those attending the professional development "class"
>not be considered pupils?
>

>This is my dilemma. Do you interpret "face-to-face teaching" to mean
>only regularly scheduled classes? I would like to be able to consider
>professional development as a full-fledged teaching situation.
>

>Barbara Koeller
>Ass't. Director, Library/AV Services
>Montgomery County Community College
>
>Chosen by Yahoo! Internet Life Magazine
>as one of the "Most Wired" Two-Year Colleges
>in the U.S. in 2001.
>
>340 DeKalb Pike
>Blue Bell, PA 19422
>
>Phone: (215) 641-6590