Re: copyright question

Francis C Poole (fpoole@UDel.Edu)
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:34:49 -0800 (PST)

Barbara...I would ask these questions:

1. Is the performance by an "instructor," including guest
lecturer, pupil, or other person in a teaching role...

2. " " " in connection with face-to-face teaching activities...

3. Is the entire audience involved in the teaching activity...

4. " " " " in the same room or same general area...

5. The performance takes place in a classroom or similar place
devoted to instruction...

6. The video is lawfully made...

I'm not aware of any requirement that it be a regularly scheduled class.

Francis Poole
U of Delaware