Re: copyright question

Francis C Poole (fpoole@UDel.Edu)
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:22:57 -0800 (PST)

Barbara...The old copyright guide prepared by ALA attorney Mary
Hutchings Reed says nothing about "regularly scheduled classes." It
states that the performance must take place "in a classroom or similar
place devoted to instruction," (library, auditorium, workshop.)

Of course the other "teaching" criteria should be met for the
exemption..."face-to-face teaching activity..."

Francis Poole
University of Delaware Library