DVD Cases

Becky Carolus (rjc@psulias.psu.edu)
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:45:51 -0800 (PST)

--Boundary_(ID_7O8F54zgtxYhPIsCMe6H/Q)

Penn State MediaTech is using Plastic Reel Corporation cases. They do stay
shut during normal drops. When thrown into a wall, they will slightly pop
open, but don't open completely exposing the DVD. I don't know that we
did our "freezer test" on this one (we actually put them in the freezer for
several hours and then took them out and dropped them and bang them
around), but PRC came out well ahead in our testing of reels/cans and vhs
cases. We have found, though, that the DVD case will crack/break when a
metal 16mm film reel/can is dropped on them!

>Topic No. 3
>
>Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:49:35 -0500 (EST)
>From: cvonelm@pobox.upenn.edu (Catherine Von Elm)
>To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
>Subject: CD cases
>
>Hello,
>
> Is anyone using CD cases that stay shut when dropped into a book
> drop? If so, who is your supplier?
>
>Thanks in advance for any info,
>
>Cathy
>**********
>Cathy Von Elm
>Head of Circulation, Current Periodicals and Microtext
>Van Pelt Library
>215-898-7557

Becky Carolus
Administrative Assistant