RE: Mystery vendor

Sharon Herfurth (herfurth@ctls.net)
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 07:59:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi Barbara,
One of our member libraries sent me a copy of a fax they received from this
organization, and the titles they were offering at that time were really
outdated. I'm also suspicious about "Let's Help" because on their web site
the group implies that it is a nonprofit organization, but they aren't
listed in the nonprofit database I use. Besides, who would charge $6.95
shipping per item?
Thanks,
Sharon
CTLS
-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On
Behalf Of Barbara Rhodes
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 3:17 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Mystery vendor

Videolib folks--

One of our libraries received a mailing from the Let's Help Advance
Education
company offering "free" educational videos for 6.95 each shipping fees. The
company web site is http://www.lets-help.com/. I did not see any
information
on the sources or copyrights of the the titles they have listed. Are any of
you familiar with this company? I suggested that she wait to do any
ordering
until I had checked with "my experts".

Thanks in advance.

Barbara Rhodes