RE: Really I am not THAT bad

Stephen.Pomes@mms.gov
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 07:30:59 -0800 (PST)

Oh, what have I wrought!!! ;-)

Stephen V. Pomes, Librarian
Library
Minerals Management Service
U.S. Dept. of the Interior
1201 Elmwood Park Blvd., MS 5031
New Orleans, LA 70123-2394
Telephone: 504-736-2521
Fax: 504-736-2525
E-Mail: stephen.pomes@mms.gov

+++++++++++++++++

Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily correspond to those of

my employer.

+++++++++++++++++

-----Original Message-----
From: MileFilms@aol.com [mailto:MileFilms@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 4:23 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Really I am not THAT bad

--part1_57.14116aaa.2aef1299_boundary

In a message dated 10/28/02 4:27:21 PM, Stephen.Pomes@mms.gov writes:

> Of course, in some publishing quarters, the perception is that all
> librarians have utter disdain for copyright!=A0 According to this view,
th=
> notion of Fair Use must be a communist plot!=A0 These same individuals=20
> believe
> that Elsevier journals are an absolute bargain!=A0 Please forgive the
> hyperbole.=20
> For a dose of reality, see this:
> http://www.englib.cornell.edu/displays/stickershock/default.html
>=20

Gee, Jessica, we should raise our prices significantly! ;-)

Marge Simpson, sighing: "Oh, Homie, children can be so cruel."
Bart, walking by: "Gee, they can? Thanks, mom!"

Dennis Doros (driving a 1990 Saturn with 169,000 miles on it, but by
chargin=
g=20
$3,000 for SILENT SHAKESPEARE on VHS, hmmm...)
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_57.14116aaa.2aef1299_boundary

Of course, in some publishing quarters, the perception is tha= t all
librarians have utter disdain for copyright!=A0 According to this view, the<= BR> notion of Fair Use must be a communist plot!=A0 These same individuals belie= ve
that Elsevier journals are an absolute bargain!=A0 Please forgive the
hyperbole.
For a dose of reality, see this:
http://www.englib.cornell.edu/displays/stickershock/default.html

Gee, Jessica, we should raise our pri= ces significantly! ;-)

Marge Simpson, sighing: "Oh, Homie, children can be so cruel."
Bart, walking by: "Gee, they can? Thanks, mom!"

Dennis Doros (driving a 1990 Saturn with 169,000 miles on it, but by chargin= g $3,000 for SILENT SHAKESPEARE on VHS, hmmm...)