RE: Really I am not THAT bad

Steven C. Matthew (
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 05:32:48 -0800 (PST)

For more fun please see the following:

Steven C. Matthew
S.E. Wimberly Library Media Center

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 4:26 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: Really I am not THAT bad

Of course, in some publishing quarters, the perception is that all
librarians have utter disdain for copyright! According to this view, the
notion of Fair Use must be a communist plot! These same individuals believe
that Elsevier journals are an absolute bargain! Please forgive the

For a dose of reality, see this:

Stephen V. Pomes, Librarian
Minerals Management Service
U.S. Dept. of the Interior
1201 Elmwood Park Blvd., MS 5031
New Orleans, LA 70123-2394
Telephone: 504-736-2521
Fax: 504-736-2525

Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily correspond to those of

my employer.