RE: Really I am not THAT bad

Stephen.Pomes@mms.gov
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:26:26 -0800 (PST)

Of course, in some publishing quarters, the perception is that all
librarians have utter disdain for copyright! According to this view, the
notion of Fair Use must be a communist plot! These same individuals believe
that Elsevier journals are an absolute bargain! Please forgive the
hyperbole.

For a dose of reality, see this:

http://www.englib.cornell.edu/displays/stickershock/default.html

Stephen V. Pomes, Librarian
Library
Minerals Management Service
U.S. Dept. of the Interior
1201 Elmwood Park Blvd., MS 5031
New Orleans, LA 70123-2394
Telephone: 504-736-2521
Fax: 504-736-2525
E-Mail: stephen.pomes@mms.gov

Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily correspond to those of

my employer.