Re: malayalam videos

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:26:37 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Ellen,

this former malayalam movie database is in a relocation process on the
web and therefore no longer available
http://www.kerala.org/movies/movie-database.html

To get more information on movies in malayalam in the meantime you might
check this site with some history, awards for malaya movies and a list
of movies in malayalam from 1928 on:
http://www.malayalacinema.com/

Or browse IMDb by language:
http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Languages/Malayalam/

To select recommended titles you might check this website of the
University of Wisconsin - Madison Libraries. (96 titles in malayalam):
http://xirs.library.wisc.edu/databases/SEAvideo/

You might also contact the indian video collection at Clemons Library of
the University of Virginia via email to get their title list (to their
website access is denied - strange!) :
http://www.lib.virginia.edu/clemons/ivid/ividform.html

This indian mail order shop in the US allows searching by language (16
titles in malayalam available)
http://www.indiaplaza.com/videostore/dvd/regional.shtml

More titles in mayalalam here: http://www.anytamil.com/

This shop in the UK offers searching by language, too (in general NTSC,
region code 0, 10 titles in malayalam available)
http://www.indiandvdfilms.com/acatalog/shop.html

In any case it is recommended to check if these DVD or Video CD are
really subtitled in english.

In the moment we have only 2 titles in our collection: "Piravi" and
"Swaha", both made by Shaji N. Karun (great films!).

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/index.html