Re: malayalam videos

Delin, Peter (
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:26:37 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Ellen,

this former malayalam movie database is in a relocation process on the
web and therefore no longer available

To get more information on movies in malayalam in the meantime you might
check this site with some history, awards for malaya movies and a list
of movies in malayalam from 1928 on:

Or browse IMDb by language:

To select recommended titles you might check this website of the
University of Wisconsin - Madison Libraries. (96 titles in malayalam):

You might also contact the indian video collection at Clemons Library of
the University of Virginia via email to get their title list (to their
website access is denied - strange!) :

This indian mail order shop in the US allows searching by language (16
titles in malayalam available)

More titles in mayalalam here:

This shop in the UK offers searching by language, too (in general NTSC,
region code 0, 10 titles in malayalam available)

In any case it is recommended to check if these DVD or Video CD are
really subtitled in english.

In the moment we have only 2 titles in our collection: "Piravi" and
"Swaha", both made by Shaji N. Karun (great films!).

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin