RE: Media Percentage of Circulation

Bergman, Barbara J. (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

Out of curiousity, I did a rough comparison of video and main book
collection circulation. Using year-to-date stats, I came up with videos
as only 8% of total video and book circs, but I'm showing 77% circ of
the video collection. (4,000 circs of 5,210 videos)

Barb Bergman
Media Services Librarian
Minnesota State University-Mankato
(507) 389-5945

-----Original Message-----
From: John Streepy [mailto:John.Streepy@cwu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 4:51 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Media Percentage of Circulation

Hello All
I have a question to academic libraries that circulate their media
materials: what percent of the total circulation of your library is
made up of media? We are just starting our second year of circulating
videos and dvds. Last year we average 5.6 percent of the total. This
academic year things are increasing and I'd like to know what I might be
in for. Thanks
John

John H. Streepy
Library Tech III