RE: media copyright question

Laroi Lawton (laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu)
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 07:52:59 -0700 (PDT)

Regardless of whether or not these questions appear repetitious, for many of us working in the boondocks so to speak, it helps to know that the kings and queens of an issue are an e-mail away for assistance. Kudos to the founders of this listserv, and double kudos to the many bright, intelligent, and professional librarians and colleagues I have had the pleasure of responding to whenever a query of interest popped up. We are a unique, and diversified.

LaRoi Lawton, Director
Gerald S Lieblich Learning Resource Center
Library & Learning Resources Department
Bronx Community College/CUNY
Bronx, NY 10453
laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Tatar, Becky [mailto:bltata@aurora.lib.il.us]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 10:39 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: media copyright question

I have to agree with Francis. Also, even if you have been on the list for a
while, for those of us who really don't deal with these issues all the time,
it's nice to see the material come up every now and then. Reminders never
hurt, and generally, there can be just a different twist to the question,
that may not have been considered before. And another thing - it adds
emphasis. If someone comes up to me at work - patron or staff, with these
types of questions - I have the weight of many expertly written opinions to
back me up, if need be. I know that the people who write these - especially
Jessica, who is the queen of copyright info ( and I mean that in the most
complimentary way possible!) - probably get tired of writing the same
answers over and over. But it helps the rest of us. So, in case anyone
hasn't said it lately, THANK YOU! to Jessica, Gary, and all the other folks
out there who really help the rest of us deal with these very tricky
questions.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library